Thursday, March 13, 2014

Security and Privacy

Every new technology comes with it's own list of issues, and the internet, or web 2.0, is no exception. It may seem like it would be impossible to obtain sensitive, personal material through the Internet, such as malware, key-loggers, root-kits, etc, however, stuff like this happens all the time. Target learned of this the hard as explained in the Article, "Target works on security-heavy credit cards, after breach". The article explains how Target had a massive security breach that effect as much as 110 million customers.

It is also easy to obtain private information through social media, even by accident, as stated in the article "Facebook Privacy Is So Confusing Even the Zuckerberg Family Photo Isn't Private". Hopefully people will start to realize the danger of posting as much information as they can on the Web, and take some defensive precautions.

2 comments:

  1. Max,
    I read the same article you read as well. I agree with you about how it's easy to obtain private information through social medias. I personally don't post any private information myself on social medias because it can be very risky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this article too. It was interesting how Target a large corporation as it is being hacked. I think so too I honestly dislike having to give out my information, because once you are in there computer system they will send you a bunch of junk mail through the mail.

    ReplyDelete